Monday, October 29, 2007

Rusty parts and my brother "The Art Enabler"


I wrote earlier about my family and how they all humor me in my art.
They call my brother Dave my enabler, because when I want to try something weird or different (to those non-crafty folk) my brother is almost always willing to help me!
Even when I don't ask, he is keeping an eye out for me.
We visited them this weekend for Sam's play and Dave took me to a nearby park where people were allowed to dump off metal to be recycled, he had seen a sign and thought of me.
So we asked permission when we got there and I nabbed several very cool rusty pieces. The big disks are my favorite, I got four of them.

2 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Ooh you lucky thing. I'm really envious :)
Are you going to use them for rust dyeing - you'll get some really good prints off them - or have you got something else in mind for them?

Unknown said...

Oh boy am I jealous!! I didn't find anything like those in the junkyard!