Sunday, October 7, 2007

Earth Angel in Process


I have been working on another angel and decided to share pictured of her in process. Everything is hand stitched, there are laters of felt, distresssed with the heat gun and hand painted with oranges, browns and golds. I found cotton yarn I hand dyed a couple of years ago with beautiful earthy tones, crocheted a string of chain stitches and stitched them down, then added painted mesh and crinkled tyvek
Next I will be adding fuzzy yarns, some melted felt rolls, small silk flowers and/or leaves and some beads. Underneath the felt layers I have some silky, rusty colored fabric.

The final step will be hair and her wings, this is a start on them.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love what you've done so far. But then you know me and earth tones! Gail