Sunday, October 21, 2007

My wonderful family

I am so lucky to have a family who encourages and helps me with my art! Mom and dad are both creative, dad loves to do woodworking projects and mom likes to paint. My dad make these crosses and beautiful frames for my projects, plus he can figure out the best way to do anything. And he is the king of clamps! Yesterday I brought a breadbox I am going to mosaic for the EMA bitchen kitchen challenge. One of the hardest things (I think) in a mosaic is to finish the "raw" edges of grout, that's why dad makes the crosses with an edge. I brought the breadbox out just to show them what I am working on next, and he cut little strips of wood to cover the raw edges. He has like 18 clamps! on the one breadbox, holding the strips down while they glue, but it is exactly what I need to make the breadbox fabulous! I will start on it later this week since the deadline is November 4th. For details of the EMA contest see
http://www.etsymosaics.com/emachallenge.html.
My brother and SIL are both very supportive, they are always on the lookout for silver platters and bowling balls and other items for me to mosaic. When I told Dave I was rusting fabric this summer, he found me the most amazing piece of metal that makes a gorgeous rust pattern. And if I tell him some crazy idea for a project, he will jump right in and help me. My SIL, Anita is always generous with her supplies and is teaching me how to solder.
And then there are my nephews, the brightest stars in my life. Max is 13, a super sports dude, he loves to play basketball and soccer and his playstation. In the summer you can always count on Max to be in the lake. I have never been athletic but he loves me anyway and is always quick to give a big hug.
Sam is 15, he is a true artist. We used to color when he was little, then I would draw him simple dragons and fantasy creatures. He soon passed me with his drawing skills and I still am constantly amazed at his talent. Both Sam and Max are very handsome, very social with lots of friends, smart with good grades, and musical, they both have been in lots of school plays.
Last but not least is my sister Sue. I don't get to see her very often, but we talk on the phone almost daily, she is very encouraging for anything I am doing. I am so lucky and very grateful for my whole family.

No comments: