Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Serenity Angel and Sam's angel for mom








This weekend I finished my Serenity angel. I used my hand painted and distressed cloth, I really love working with this cloth. After finally getting the body shape I wanted, I added lots of yarns and stitches.
My nephew Sam is a talented artist and creates amazing drawings. He decided to play around with some of my orange painted felt. He created a wonderful angel for my mom, who has been dealing with thyroid cancer this summer, so she is mom's angel of hope.
All my fussing with Serenity's body, and Sam sits down to make his angel with cloth and just starts cutting pieces of fabric and layers them and makes the wings, voila!
I had so much fun making Serenity I think I will make more, maybe one for each of the seasons or for the elements. And think how grand she would look atop a christmas tree.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Both Angels are gorgeous!! I really love Sam's Angel....

Cathie said...

Your little angels are gorgous! I love the little blue one the most. Fantastic embellishing on that one.