Sunday, September 9, 2007

Purse, getting closer





Here are pics of the purse fabric after some tulle and yarn. The lining has black with oranges and reds, purples and blues and parts of it show thru the holes where I melted the felt, adding bits of color. I think I will add more machine stitching in those colors and maybe some metallic hand stitching too. I decided the gold mesh in my original stash is too jarring. The buttons are from my friend Lisa http://www.lisapetersart.com/, these pictures do not do them justice. Lisa makes the most amazing raku beads and buttons!

This is the purse folded. I want to add any additional stitches or embellishments while it is still flat, including velcro for the closure. When I am totally done I will stitch the edges together and let mom pick her button. More pictures when I finish.
ok, now I have to wait, I stitched more yarns and a couple of felt beads on the back, then decided to swipe some shiva paintstiks across areas. I did that yesterday but didn't let them set, all the handling of the felt and alot of it rubbed off. So i will wait 24 hours before stitch the side together (maybe adding a few beads 1st). Luckily, the tulle shapes are not as prominent in real life, I think the camera pics it up. On the purse they are more blended.
and here is the back, just folded still

No comments: