Monday, August 13, 2007

Textured Turtle does clay...









































well I haven't finished the mosaic buttons and shawl pins I started this weekend, I am working on a large mosaic cross for my brother's church. It is coming along great, my mom is helping and I think it is much better with two of us than me working alone. So I didn't get the mosaic pins done but I did find these.

Not great pictures, but I will try again and list some of these on etsy.

Last summer I played around with clay, dad has a kiln. I made ceramic fish and flowers for the garden, some pendants and buttons, pencil cups and these. I just love them, you can use them for toothpicks or Q-tips, I have two at work for my paper clips. They are hand formed and textured, then I added a little hole (before firing) so I could add some fibers and beads. You know I can't do anything plain-LOL.

1 comment:

feltedfibers said...

you clever lady!! love the idea of attaching fibers/beads.