Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mosaic shawl pins, pendants, buttons in process



I won't be grouting until this weekend, then will have these up on etsy Sunday. At the far left you can see the blank bases that I mosaic on. The donuts are brass and intended to be shawl pins, you could attach them to a dress or coat or anything. I add a stick pin with a matching cabachon on the head. The round and oval bases are brass or silver plated, I started making them as buttons to attach to a special felted, knit, crocheted or stitched purse and would attach a button shank to the back. I could also attach a pin back or add jump rings for a necklace, so I when I list these I will let the customer decide what they want it to be.

Off to work at my day job...

3 comments:

feltedfibers said...

love these, they are so versatile.

Nikki said...

These are beautiful. Are they little bits of glass? What size are they?

Linda said...

thanks, the buttons are 35mm round or 30 x 40mm oval. The shawl pins are 1 1/2" diameter. Yes, they are glass mosaics, I nip the glass, glue it down and then grout.