Monday, February 16, 2009

Little Rusty Tree





Well I finally finished a rusty tree piece, it is 5x7". I decided after the last trees to stitch some on rusty fabric. This weekend I ironed a bunch of fabric and cut out the sizes and the felt for the batting and pinned them together with a printed tree on the back. I am not fond of the prep work so when I do it, I like to do a bunch at once and get it over with-LOL.
Then I started stitching trees, I stitch from the back following my printed tree, then go back and stitch from the front to fill in areas and make the branches thicker.
I have several trees in process, but had to finish one tonight, it is a gift for my doctor and his wife. I see them tomorrow and they take such good care of me, they are great people.
after the tree was done, I stitched in the background, added a little felt-y moss under the tree and a rusty moon (or sun, however you want to see it), added a back and mounted it on a little acrylic stand up frame.
I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with this idea, but I think I will like using these little acrylic frames to display little fiber art pieces!
I am hoping to get more rusty trees finished this week and list some on etsy.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a gift! Love the rust fabric background. You've nailed it.
And great idea for a quick display stand.

queenopearls said...

I love your trees ... rusty fabric and roving. Just beautiful stitching! The one at the top of this post ... did you use two different color threads? Just gorgeous. Way to rock the fiber world!!!

Anonymous said...

Linda the crosses are fabulous as well as ALL your work....looooovvvvve It!!!