Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I LOVE TREES

I love trees, specifically bare trees, I just love the branches against the sky. So I drive around taking pictures of bare trees, whenever I can, all different types of trees, with a backdrop of a sunrise or sunset, or even against gray gloomy skies.


I have some fiber pieces I started last week adding roving and little bits of organza needlepunched onto painted fabric with my Babylock embellisher.
And last night I figured, finally, how to add my trees. I turned some of my tree photos into sketches using Dumpr sketch, a fabulous and free program. Then I printed them on paper, pinned the paper to the back of the roving pieces, and free motion stitched, following my tree "pattern". And I am so thrilled with how they are coming out!!


I will be adding something to this one, maybe yarns or hand stitching.
We are having major snow and ice here so I will be taking a vacation day again tomorrow, and I have more pieces to work on, woohoo!!

2 comments:

Val Foster said...

These are very beautiful. Congrats on your creative way of doing it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! I'm so thrilled that you're finally able to do art for yourself. Can't wait to see more.