Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


I am going to shine in 2009! That is my motto for the year. I spent alot of time last year chasing after things that left me frustrated. So it is a new year and I have a plan.

Over Christmas break I did work on a rusted sunflower for my mom. Since I was away from my sewing machine, I hand stitched it and then couched some rusty cotton yarn on top of the lines. Mom doesn't like the beads and extras (that I love!) but since it is for her I stopped at that.
My beautiful, rusty pans and grates and other fabulous things were stolen from my back deck. I did rust alot of fabric last summer, but I am just sick about the loss, I loved my rusty pieces.

3 comments:

Val Foster said...

Hi Linda. I think this piece is just great. It's wonderful and hopeful. Great job.

I, like you, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE anything rusted, and use rusted paper and fabric and found objects in my art. In fact, I just finished a piece of art with a rusted found object in it a few hours ago.

Gee, so sorry to hear someone stole your rusting tools. What a shame. And what would they want with them???, unless they are artists too. Highly doubtful about that. One artist wouldn't steal from another.

Anyway, great art piece. Keep it up. TFS

Purple Missus said...

This is wonderful, a great design. I too love anything rusty.
Who on earth would want to steal all your rusty implements - the mind boggles.

Unknown said...

Every time I think about the loss of your outstanding rusty metal pieces I get ill. At least you finally found out what happened.
Sunflowers are a natural for the circle/mandalas, but I can honestly say that I never would have thought of it.