Monday, August 4, 2008

Advanced Rusting

I have been playing around with rusting images on a piece of fabric, then moving it to different areas and rusting some more. This piece is my favorite, it is about 36 inches square and I used several pieces of metal to get the circles. I don’t usually work this large and I should sell it, but I am not sure I can part with it.
This piece is 18 inches square and has several pieces rusted on it, I see a moon over the water. It is for sale in my Rusty Turtle etsy shop.
I have other pieces in process with this technique, it takes longer because you can’t just rust it in one sitting, but I love the possibilities.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely, as usual.

Purple Missus said...

Ooh your rusted fabric is fabulous. I haven't got any nice rusty objects so mainly use wire wrapped around a bottle. The second piece is terrific. Its hard to believe its actually rusted.

queenopearls said...

Hi there, the piece you see as moon over water I also see eyes at the top and the circle as a mouth. In any case, I just love your rusty stuff! :-D Wanna go to a salvage yard with me?

Lisa Peters Russ said...

LINDA..
They are just great!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO Loving your Rusty Stuff!