Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New comfort dolls



Finally I got some comfort angels made to send to Pat at http://www.comfortdolls.blogspot.com/. i personally think she is an angel for doing this project. Five of these are going to Pat and three to my aunt Bev in Florida.


The yellow/orange and multi colored angels started with embellished projects from earlier this year, see below, I was able to get several angels from each piece and backed them with batiks or other commercial prints.











The blue, green and purple angels are raw silk i painted with watered down acrylics, with some silver or gold streaks. then i stitched the silk to a piece of batting, cut the shapes and zig zagged to backs. For all these I hand stitched more yarns around the face and onto the bodies. the faces are stamped onto muslin circles then gathered around a flat backed marble and stitched to the bodies.
I have several more of these in various stages so I have lots of hand work thru the holidays. Was hoping to get some done and loaded to etsy but don't know if I will make it.

Busy, busy getting ready for Christmas, hopefully next year will be better for completing projects and posting them on this blog.

5 comments:

Micki said...

Linda your dolls are all lovely. I know Pat will appreciate them very much.

Unknown said...

I love the idea of creating angels for comfort dolls! They turned out fabulous, but then I knew they would.

feltedfibers said...

Hi Linda, gosh you have been busy, they are beautiful.

Pat Winter said...

Linda, Your beautiful Comfort Dolls arrived and I think they are so wonderful. Thank you for offering me one. I will hold on to one until she wants to fly off to someone who needs her more. Beautiful work. I have added them to the blog www.comfortdolls.blogspot.com.
Thank you for donating your time and talent to the Comfort Doll Project Blessings,Pat

Lelia said...

FABULOUS!!!! I'm still gathering up supplies. I hope to get something special made up really soon. I luv your contribution : )