Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rust Dyeing and my Nephews

First is the picture of my fabulous nephews from left Max, Tattoo and Sam. They are the sunshine of my life and we had a wonderful July 4th weekend!!

After procrastinating for many months, I finally added some fabric to the rusty pieces on my back porch. My brother David gets me some great rusty pieces and the last haul included five big rusty discs. I also have the big piece he got me last summer with holes. I added a piece of off- white flannel to it and stacked layers of muslin and some silky fabric in between the discs. I left them in the weather and rain for three days and got some fabulous pieces. I just washed more muslin and will be doing this again.
.







5 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy!!! Glad to see that you've finally done some more rust dyeing!

feltedfibers said...

WOW these pieces are great - I love rust!!

Liz Plummer said...

You've got some great textures going on here!

Dana said...

Wow...Linda...can't wait to see those in person! VERY cool!!!

Dana :)

Val Foster said...

Very cool rust pieces. How neat that you have someone to supply you with the rusty found objects to rust with. I especially like the circle pieces. Great job. You can bet rusting becomes addictive. Here's a thought. Rusted map pages (like out of atlases) look great rusted.