Thursday, August 14, 2008

My fabulous nephews, and rust pics (of course)





First and foremost, my nephews Sam and Max, the bright stars in my life!!

The rust flower pieces are pinned to felt ready to stitch, now I need to actually start stitching!
This is a larger, multi printed piece, I will not be stitching this yet
These are ceramic buttons and beads, some are purchased bisque beads. Most are from my great friend Lisa Peters http://lisa-petersart.blogspot.com/, who generously sent me many of her bisqued buttons so I could use whatever glazes I wanted.
I used low fire glazes and my dad's kiln to get these fabulous finished pieces. Can you tell that many of them will look great on the rust fabric? I just wish I could figure out which glazes I used for my favorite ones, aacck.

2 comments:

Lisa Peters Russ said...

Ooooohh.. I never saw these!
WOW!

Lisa Peters Russ said...

Linda you did a great job! Oh, I am sooooo happy you can make use of them! Great Glazing!